Saturday, May 3, 2008


"Dane"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord













"Mommy To Be"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord

















"El Prado Truck"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord







Sorry I've been gone a couple of days.

David just got back from Austin and we got really busy doing house stuff.

But now, the week-long paint-a-thon is on!

This morning I had my session with the Taos Portrait Painters. Their model today was a lovely lady named Dane who was eight months pregnant.

I did one portrait and one semi-abstract piece. Everyone kept raving about how fun her belly was to paint, so that's what I was doing in the abstract piece; having fun.

Then I grabbed a Blakes' Lotta Burger (an Itza Burger actually, the Lotta Burgers are too big) and drove like mad out to join the plein air painters out back of The Sheepskin Company in El Prado where I joined a huge group painting 'The Truck'.

There are two trucks in the Taos area that everyone paints. This is one; the other is out in Arroyo Seco and I'll probably be painting it later in the week.

Anyhoo, had a great time with the plein air painters. Tonight's the social and tomorrow's more painting!

I should also mention that I got a mention as a 'Taos Artist' in the Taos News, Tempo section this week (thanks Patrice!).

I'm so psyched! I'm a recognized Taos Artist! I've finally made it!

No comments: