Sunday, June 8, 2008


"Red Rocks at Abiquiu"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord











"Red Rocks at Abiquiu II"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord








"Perdinal III"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord








Day two at Abquiu.

If you come here, don't stay at the Abiquiu Inn. Had a pretty wretched night for $80

And the other annoying thing about here is the blank, blank, blank noseeums/gnats.

I don't remember O'Keeffe ever bitching about the bugs, but boy howdy, they're out and armed for bear.

Deet doesn't do anything but make them giggle.

But dozens of them drowned my my Gamsol.

Bwhahahahaha.

The painting was pretty good out at what I'm calling 'The Red Place'.

Saw 'The White Place' yesterday but didn't get a chance to paint out there. They've blocked off the road leading down to the wash so it would be a several hundred yard hike over rough terrain carrying my painting gear.

Not this trip, thanks.

Even though David offered to lug my gear.

He's such a nice guy.

David also offered to drive me out to 'The Black Place' but I declined and pointed out it was 180 miles due West of here.

He agreed that would have to be another trip.

Down to Santa Fe and then Albuquerque to see David off to Austin again.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Thank you so much for sharing info about Abiquiu. I have dreamed of going on an artist's retreat there, but know so little about the place. Your work is very Georgia O'Keefe-like. I am loving it.