Tuesday, May 6, 2008


"Rio Pueblo Outlook"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord













"St. Francis Church V"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord










"St. Francis Church VI"
3" by 4"
Oil on Gessobord










Another great day of painting!

We started out at the Rio Pueblo Overlook, which is out past the Taos Country Club on Hwy 110 to the South and West of town.

It was glorious!

And we found a gorgeous bull snake, which my wonderful husband took pictures of. I hope to paint something from those pictures when I get all recovered from this week.

Everything was going swimmingly with the painting until the wind came up much earlier than ususal and I decided to pack it up at 11am and break for an early lunch.

After lunch, I painted one of my favorite subjects, the St. Francis Church at Ranchos De Taos.

I could paint that church every day and never be bored.

Tomorrow is the last day of the paintout, and I'll probably end up missing most of it because I'm planning on going to the the Long Pose Session out in Arroyo Seco.

If I'm lucky, I'll catch up with the plein air painters after lunch.

What a week!

No comments: